What is a Flexipay Card?
A Flexipay Card is a prepaid MasterCard card that provides you with access to all merchants and cash machines (ATMs) that carry the MasterCard Acceptance Mark.
What is a prepaid card?
A prepaid card is a card that carries a variable amount of money based on the amount loaded onto the card. Each time you use the card to buy something or withdraw cash at an ATM, the purchase amount is deducted from the available balance.
Where can I use my Flexipay Card?
Your Flexipay Card can be used worldwide at millions of merchants, online stores, and at any ATM that carries the MasterCard Acceptance Mark. Unfortunately, you cannot pay at the pump of a petrol station with this card.
How does the Flexipay Card work?
Your Flexipay Card works just like any other MasterCard card. You can use it at a point-of-sale location to make purchases and at an ATM to withdraw cash. With the added security of choosing your own PIN, you can be assured of no unauthorized use of your card.
Who can apply for a Flexipay Card?
Fleximize will process applications from limited companies and limited liability partnerships. All applicants should also be aged over 18.
How can I minimize ATM fees?
- Select your ATM carefully. The fees and maximum withdrawal policies of ATMs and their cooperative banks vary greatly.
- Consolidate your ATM usage by withdrawing the maximum allowed by your card account and the ATM.
- Do not try to withdraw more than your card account balance from an ATM. You will be charged a fee for the failed ATM usage.
What foreign exchange rate is used?
The foreign exchange conversion rate is calculated at the time of the transaction, whether at a retail venue or an ATM. Conversion rates are calculated based on daily rates adopted by MasterCard, any fees applicable by the retail or ATM location and other processing entities.
Why haven't I received my card yet?
Once you complete the order process, it can take between 7 and 15 business days to receive the card.
Why can't I log in to my card account online?
The login process is case sensitive, so make sure to type in both your username and password exactly as you first defined them. If you forget your password, or your login still isn't working, email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Who can use the card?
The cardholder is the person whose name is imprinted on the card. This is the person to whom the card was issued and the only person authorized to use the card.
How does my card work at an ATM?
You must have upgraded your card to be able to withdraw from an ATM. To upgrade your card, please visit wdcs.cardportal.com, go to 'My Account' and click on 'Upgrade'. Click on 'How to Upgrade' and 'My Proof of ID'. You can find information on what type of documents are accepted and upload your documents.
Note: do not try to withdraw funds from your card until your card is activated and funds have been loaded onto it. Otherwise, you risk losing your card to the machine.
The ATM gives me a multiple choice of accounts from which to withdraw money. What option should I select?
Choose 'Current' or 'Checking'.
Can I use the card on the internet?
The card may be used for online transactions wherever MasterCard is an accepted form of payment.
Is my Flexipay Card safe to use on the internet?
Yes, you can use your Flexipay Card on the internet, but we advise that you take the following precautions when using any card on the internet:
- Only use secure, reputable sites – lookout for the padlock symbol and 'https' in the URL.
- When you have finished conducting online transactions or visiting secure websites, remember to properly log off and close your browser. This will ensure that any information that is stored on your computer or in your browser is erased.
- You should never give out your PIN when buying online. We will never contact you and ask for your card details, so never provide them over the phone or by email as this maybe phishing (a fraudster pretending to be a card issuer / bank attempting to gain your card / account information).
What is a pre-authorization hold?
A merchant may place a pre-authorization hold on a certain amount of funds on your card to verify that you have sufficient funds to pay for the transaction. When your final bill is less than the pre-authorized amount, the remaining funds may be held for up to eight days before being released to your available balance. For example: a restaurant may pre-authorize a set amount when you open a tab. A car rental company or hotel may hold the amount equal to one day's rental or stay.
What do I do if my card is lost or stolen?
The first thing we suggest is to access your CardPortal account at by either using your card number, SAN, or email address and your Access code to manually block your card. If you are unable to access CardPortal, you can call us at 0844 7744 767 (have your SAN or card number and your access code to hand).
Can I use my card without any money on it?
No. You can use your card only once it has been activated and you have funds loaded on the card. You risk losing the card to the ATM if you try to withdraw money before it has been activated or loaded.
How do I use up a balance too small to withdraw at an ATM?
Ask a merchant or cashier at a store to charge the exact remaining balance to your card, then continue to pay the remaining purchase balance in whichever form you wish.
I have just received my card and it is not working. Why?
Your card must be active before you can use it. Follow the simple steps upon logging in to the Cardportal. If you continue to experience difficulty, call 0844 7744 767 for further assistance.
How do I activate my card?
You will receive an email with instructions on how to activate your card from Cardportal Activations. This email includes the web access code you must use to sign in to CardPortal for the first time.
Upon first login (using your card number and access code), you will be prompted to update your personal details Once you have updated your details, you card is active to receive the amount as determined by Fleximize.
I lost my activation email, including the access code to activate my card. What do I do now?
Please call 08447744767 and request your access code to be reset, or click Forgot Access Code on the CardPortal sign-in page.
What is the difference between my access code and my PIN?
Your access code is the password required to activate and log in to your card account online; this code is received by email and can be reset upon request. Your PIN is the 'Personal Identification Number' associated to the card account, and is required to withdraw funds and to make purchases at selected ATMs and points of sale worldwide. You will create your own four-digit PIN during your card activation process.
How do I check my card balance?
To check the balance of funds on your card, and to see your transaction history, please do the following:
- Login to CardPortal
- Click 'My Account'
- Click on the 'Manage my Account' tab
- Your card balance will be displayed next to the image of your card
Why isn't my balance what I think it should be?
At times your card balance may not match the purchases shown on your card account for any of these reasons:
- Same day transactions do not appear on your card account, but the amount is deducted from the available balance. The transactions will generally appear on your card account the following day.
- There may be an outstanding authorization for a purchase that was made, but the merchant has not collected its money yet. This type of transaction will only show on your card account after the merchant has collected its money. In the meantime, the money is held from your card account, ready to be paid to the merchant. For example, this may happen for internet or mail/phone order purchases. The merchant may settle the money when they ship the order, rather than on the day the order was placed. In this case, the funds are marked for the merchant and deducted from the balance, but will only show on the card account when the bank actually pays the merchant for your purchase. This process could take a minimum of eight days to clear.
Do I receive a statement?
No. However, you can view your current balance and transactions online free of charge by clicking on 'Login to My Account'.
My card has stopped working. Why?
This could be for a number of reasons.
- Your card is damaged.
- The card has expired - please check the expiry date on the card itself. If your card has expired please contact Cardportal Support or your merchant for a new one.
- You have reached your daily limit.
- There are insufficient funds remaining on the card.
If you continue to have problems please call 0844 7744 767.
My card is about to expire what do I do?
Contact the company that issued you the card and request a renewal.
What is the difference between a card-to-card transfer and an email money transfer?
- Card-to-card transfer - sends funds directly from one prepaid card to another. In order to initiate a car-to-card transfer, the sender must know the recipient’s prepaid card number.
- Email money transfer - sends funds from one prepaid card to another via email. In order to initiate an email money transfer, the sender does not need the recipient’s card number, only the recipient’s email address through which the funds will be transferred. This email address does not have to be the same one associated with the card, but has to be the one through which the recipient wishes to receive the funds.
Please note that in both cases, the sender's and recipient’s card must be in the same currency.
What is the security question and security answer to send and receive an email money transfer?
In order to initiate an email money transfer, the sender has to choose a security question and security answer. The answer can only be alphanumeric without any spaces. Once the sender chooses the question and answer, he/she must advise the recipient of the answer so it can be used to claim the funds.
What is the card SAN?
The SAN is the security account number, which is the nine-digit number found at the bottom-right corner on the back of the Flexipay Card.
What is a virtual card?
A virtual card is an on-screen image of your Flexipay Card and allows you to make online or telephone payments, receive funds, and shop online. A virtual card is a quick and simple way to get started with a prepaid account.
Why upgrade to plastic?
By upgrading to plastic, you’ll be able to make point-of-sale purchases and withdraw funds from an ATM.
How do I upgrade to plastic?
Simply log in to your CardPortal account, click on the 'Manage My Account' tab and select 'Request Plastic Card'. Your plastic card will take approximately 5-10 business days to arrive at your provided address.
When is the monthly fee charged to my account?
If your card was activated on any day between the 1st and 14th day of the month inclusively, your first monthly fee will be charged on the last day of the same month. If your card was activated between the 15th day of the month and the last day of the month inclusively, your first monthly fee will only be taken from your account on the last day of the following month. The monthly fee will continue to be charged on the last day of the month for each subsequent month
What are the transaction costs?
Like other prepaid cards, there are some costs associated to certain transactions. A more detailed overview of the transaction costs is available here. In addition to the transaction cost, you will be required to pay interest on the amount loaded on the prepaid card. The interest rate varies from 1.5% to 5%.
How much do I need to repay on a repayment date?
The amount to be repaid on a monthly basis will be the monthly interest, as stated on the loan agreement, and a minimum of 3% of capital outstanding or £25, whichever is higher.
Click here to view our general FAQs.