At Fleximize, we've lent millions to businesses all over the UK, won a ton of awards, and helped thousands of business owners fulfil their ambitions - but we're just getting started. As we kick on into our next phase of growth, we're looking for people that want to help the little guys - the local, independent pub, the small hair salon, the family-run construction company.
As a Trainee Accounts Assistant at Fleximize, you'll be focusing on administrative duties that primarily support our in-house finance team. You'll gain hands-on, real-world experience working in a fast-moving and dynamic accounts team, keeping our accounting system up-to-date, allocating receipts to customer accounts, making supplier payments and much more.
We're therefore looking for people that are highly proficient in the use of computer software (especially Microsoft Excel), good with numbers, organised, methodical, and with a good attention to detail.
This is an excellent opportunity to launch a career in finance and gain the necessary skills and qualifications required to work in a finance department as an accounts assistant.
- Posting financial transactions to Sage
- Allocating receipts to customer accounts accurately
- Making supplier payments using internet banking
- Creating and monitoring financial and operational reports for use by internal stakeholders
- Filing of financial documents
- Other admin tasks as required
What we're looking for
Ideally, you'll have;
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent (including maths and english at B or above).
- Good numerical skills.
- Proficiency in using computers and computer software.
- Skilled analytically, administratively, and organisationally, and have a keen eye for detail.
- Experience working to tight deadlines.
- A passion for learning and self-development.
- Some experience of office life or financial admin (not necessary, but desirable)
- Motivation - entrepreneurs put their heart and soul into their business, and the least we can do is put OUR heart and soul into helping them.
- Hunger - we're growing rapidly, and want people that are motivated by, and want to be a part of, that success.
- Personality - we're a diverse and close-knit team, and everyone mucks in together.
- Adaptability - ideas are drawn from across the company on things like product updates, web development, and marketing.
What we offer
In return, we offer;
- A competitive salary - we’re committed to equal pay and professional development, so we review salaries annually. We also offer a company-wide pension scheme.
- On the job training, including support to progress your skills and career development, and support to help you get your AAT qualification.
- Generous Holiday Entitlement - we offer an extended holiday entitlement, with an option to buy and sell annual leave days, just in case.
- Healthcare Benefits - all team members get private healthcare as standard, and this can even be extended to cover your family. We also offer a generous sick pay scheme and company death-in-service insurance.
- Perks & Discounts - everyone gets access to exclusive discount codes and offers on thousands of high-street and online stores.
- Professional Development - career advancement is as important to us as it is to you. We offer training courses and qualifications to help you further your skills and knowledge. We also allow you to take time to attend webinars and seminars to help you do your job better.
- Free Breakfast Every Day - didn’t your mum tell you to never skip breakfast? Our kitchen is filled with fresh fruit, cereals, and other goodies to start your day off right.
- Team Socials - regular team outings, whether it’s an escape room, theme park, football match, or evening at the local table tennis bar. We also have annual summer parties, with a BBQ, drinks, games, and more.
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Still need convincing? Click the button below to find out more about life at Flex HQ.