Agriculture is one of the UK’s oldest and most important industries, contributing over £10 billion to the UK economy and driving around £20 billion in exports each year. But life is far from easy for UK farmers.
There’s the unpredictable British weather to contend with, alongside rapid technological change and an uncertain political climate. With most farmers working from dawn to dusk, 365 days a year, it’s hard to name many tougher professions.
Farm finance from Fleximize can help alleviate some of these pressures and provide fertile ground for the growth of your business. Read on to find out what our flexible farm loans can be used for, how they work, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
What is farm financing?
Farm finance is a broad term used to describe a variety of finance options available to businesses in the agricultural sector. With revenues liable to fluctuate and late payments an all-too-common occurrence, farm funding allows businesses to protect their cash flow and create room for growth.
Given the unpredictable nature of the industry, traditional banks can be reluctant to lend to farmers. However, digital lenders like Fleximize are not only willing to lend to farms, but can provide agricultural finance in just 24 hours. In addition, the terms can be tailored to your circumstances, with plenty of built-in flexibility.
Whether you're looking to diversify your farm or simply cover an immediate shortfall caused by a poor harvest, we're here to help.
How our farm loans work
Fleximize has supported hundreds of businesses in the agricultural sector. From helping a dairy farm purchase more livestock to funding the revamp of a barley farm’s yard, our flexible farm finance has made a difference to the lives of farmers across the country.
All our farm loans come packed with flexible features, including top-ups and repayment holidays. Depending on your trading history, you may also choose between unsecured and secured options across our loans. You can learn more about the Flexiloan and Flexiloan Lite products on our business loans page, but here are the key details:
- Borrow £5,000 to £500,000 over 3 – 48 months
- Competitive interest rates starting from 0.9% per month
- Approval of funds in as little as 24 hours of submitting a full application
- Industry-leading flexibility, including top-ups and repayment holidays as standard
- No exit fees or early repayment charges
- You’ll save on interest if you want to make overpayments without settling in full
We don’t apply the same strict lending criteria that banks do. Instead, we look for a way to say “yes” wherever possible. If your business has been trading for a minimum of six months and passes our basic credit checks, we’ll happily consider it for farm funding.
What can agricultural finance be used for?
Introducing short-term changes to crops and livestock often requires more machinery, buildings, and land. But farmers also have long-term plans to consider – after all, their holding must be well-stocked and equipped all year round.
Diversification can help boost revenue and manage risk, but launching a farm shop, offering holiday lets, or investing in renewable energy projects usually requires an injection of flexible farm finance.
Thankfully our small business loans can be used for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, the following:
Check your eligibility for an agricultural loan
Our loan criteria is flexible enough to accommodate businesses that experience volatility, like those in the agricultural sector. However, we have a few basic requirements for all applicants.
- We offer agricultural finance to UK businesses registered with Companies House.
- Your company must have been trading for at least six months and have a minimum monthly turnover of £5,000.
- Businesses in England and Wales can apply for a small business loan of up to £500,000. This can be provided on a secured or unsecured basis, depending on how much you want to borrow and over what term.
- Businesses in Northern Ireland and Scotland can apply for unsecured loans of up to £250,000.
- For non-homeowners, we can offer funding up to a maximum of £20,000
How much does farm funding cost?
Interest rates on our loans start from 0.9% per month. And thanks to our Penalty-Free Promise, you can repay early to save on the amount of interest you owe. There are no hidden fees to worry about, either.
All our finance packages are tailored to the applicant, so we recommend using our business loan calculator to see what yours might cost. Or if you’d prefer to talk to someone, call us on 020 7100 0110 and we’ll build a quote for you.
Why choose Fleximize for an agricultural loan?
Our small business loans for agriculture companies have helped farm owners just like you to grow their business. Here’s what to expect from us as an agricultural finance provider:
- Flexible: Build a finance package that suits you and take advantage of top-ups, repayment holidays, and our Penalty-Free Promise.
- Fuss-free: You can apply for a loan online in just a few minutes, leaving you to get on with your day. If approved, you could receive the funds you need within 24 hours.
- Trusted: We’ve earned an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating and lots of glowing testimonials, so you don’t just have to take our word for it.
- Personal: You’ll have a dedicated relationship manager to make sure your farm finance works for you. They’ll be your point of contact if you come back for extra funding, too.
- Award-winning: We’ve twice been named Best Business Finance Provider at the British Bank Awards. Find out about our other industry prizes.
Apply for a small business farm loan today
Could our farm financing help your business to operate and expand? Applying for a Fleximize loan is a breeze – just fill out our simple application form with a few basic details to get started. If you pass our initial checks, a member of the team will be in touch to take you through the final steps.