The UK education sector encompasses a range of businesses from schools, colleges, and universities to extra-curricular providers and e-learning platforms. Whether in-person or online, working with children or adults, the sector can be rewarding for everyone involved. But despite the ongoing demand for education, the profession isn’t without its funding challenges.
Attracting students, maintaining facilities, and delivering quality tuition comes at a cost. When faced with tight budgets and a lack of investment, it can be difficult for an organisation to reach its full potential.
That’s where our tailored education business loans can help educators looking to grow their business. If you’re looking to invest in marketing, recruitment, digital, or simply bridge a cash flow gap, learn how our flexible finance works and how to apply below.
What are education businesses loans?
Education business loans are financial packages designed for organisations, including schools, training centres, and ed-tech firms. These loans help learning providers meet their students' educational needs while managing immediate challenges.
The global pandemic significantly impacted the education industry by fuelling digital adoption. The growing skills gap and resultant demand for training present business owners with new and exciting opportunities. However, changing customer interests, heightened competition, and shifting legislation pose an ongoing risk to survival.
Securing funding from traditional banks can feel like an impossible task for small businesses due to their strict lending criteria and onerous application processes. But digital lenders like Fleximize will consider companies that high street banks won't, while delivering decisions – and funding – within days instead of weeks.
This combination can be crucial for established and startup education businesses that often need to move quickly to stay ahead of the fluctuating market.
Education business loans from Fleximize
At Fleximize, we understand that generating long-term growth in the education sector is difficult, and financial restrictions can be a barrier to success. Our loans are packed with industry-leading flexible features, including top-ups and repayment holidays, to help you pave the way.
You can apply for unsecured and secured options through our Flexiloan and Flexiloan Lite products, which we explain in more detail on our business loans page. Here’s a quick summary of our financial packages:
- Education business loans of £5,000 – £500,000 repaid over 3 – 48 months
- Interest rates starting from 0.9% per month
- Approval and deposit in as little as 24 hours
- No hidden fees or early repayment penalties
- Interest charged on a reducing balance, not the total loan amount
- Repayment holidays and top-ups available
- Exclusive discounts on industry-leading business services and tools through our Member Marketplace
We’ll take your credit history into account when reviewing your application, but it’s not the only aspect of your business we consider. If you’ve been trading for at least six months and can demonstrate positive revenue growth, we’ll happily consider you for funding.
What can an education business loan be used for?
Fleximize clients have used their funds in many different ways depending on the needs of their educational facility. The flexibility of our business funding means that your loan can be used for practically any purpose, including:
Check your eligibility for an education business loan
We don’t have the same strict lending criteria as traditional banks, but there’s a basic set of requirements that successful applicants need to meet.
- You must own a UK-based business that is registered with Companies House.
- Your business must have been trading for at least six months and have a minimum monthly turnover of £5,000. That means we can help your startup education business if you’ve been up and running for a short while.
- For education businesses in England and Wales, we offer loans of up to £500,000. You can borrow on an unsecured or secured basis, depending on your loan amount and repayment term.
- Education businesses in Northern Ireland and Scotland can apply for unsecured loans of up to £250,000.
- If you’re a non-homeowner and your business has been trading for at least six months, we can offer funding up to £20,000.
How much does an education business loan cost?
Interest rates on our education business loans start from a competitive 0.9%. You could save on interest by repaying early, and our Penalty-Free Promise ensures you don’t pay extra for doing so. There are no nasty hidden fees to worry about either.
All our finance packages are unique to the applicant, so try using our business loan calculator to see what yours might cost. Prefer to speak to someone? Call 020 7100 0110, and a member of our friendly team will build a tailored quote for you.
Why choose Fleximize?
We’ve helped thousands of UK businesses achieve their goals since we launched in 2014. Building a successful school, college, or alternative teaching programme isn’t easy, but securing funding can help you overcome any obstacles to growth.
Here are five reasons to feel confident in choosing Fleximize:
- We’re flexible: Our loans come with top-ups and repayment holidays as standard, and our Penalty-Free Promise allows you to repay early at no extra cost.
- We’re fuss-free: Our online application takes just a few minutes, so you can get back to focusing on your business. If approved, you could receive your loan within 24 hours.
- We’re trusted: We’ve earned hundreds of ‘Excellent’ customer reviews on Trustpilot and plenty of glowing testimonials too.
- We’re personal: Your dedicated relationship manager will build a finance package to suit your business. They’ll be here if you return for extra funding too.
- We’re award-winning: We’ve twice been named Best Business Finance Provider at the British Bank Awards. View our other industry accolades.
How our education business loans have helped others
Danny Bloomfield, franchisee for learning provider Premier Education Group, needed funds to buy out his business partner and grow his coaching network for primary schools. He was initially discouraged by his bank’s lengthy application process, but after speaking to Fleximize at a trade show, Danny secured £105,000 within two days of applying.
Danny Bloomfield used a Fleximize loan to expand his delivery of activity and wellbeing classes for primary schools
Apply for an education business loan today
To support small business owners in their search for vital funding, we’ve kept our application process for education business loans quick and easy. Whether you want to attract students, deliver new services, or upgrade facilities, we can provide the finance you need in as little as 24 hours.
Complete our short online application form with a few basic details to get started. As soon as you pass our initial checks, a member of the team will get in touch to guide you through the final stages. Once we’ve received all the information we need, we’ll look to deposit your loan the very same day.
If you have any questions before applying, it’s worth checking our FAQs or calling 020 7100 0110 to speak to one of our friendly relationship managers.
These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit.
If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.