2 Types of UK Working Visas - Fleximize

2 Types of UK Working Visas

Overseas business and ancestory visas explained.

By Marcia Smith

What is an overseas business visa?

You can qualify as a representative of an overseas business visa if you’re the sole representative of an overseas company, or an employee of an overseas news agency or broadcasting organisation, on a long term assignment to the UK.

A business qualifies as 'overseas' if its country of origin is from outside the European Economic Area, including Switzerland.

As an individual, the representative must have enough funds in their account to support their stay in the UK without help from public funds. They must also demonstrate an English language ability that is assessed at least A 1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference.

More information regarding visa eligibility can be found on GOV.UK.

What is a UK ancestry visa?

You are eligible to apply for a UK ancestry visa if you can fulfill several criteria. You need to be a Commonwealth citizen applying from outside the UK and need to able to prove that one of your grandparents was born in the UK.

In addition, you should be planning to work in the UK and also have enough money to support and house yourself and any dependents.