|£28,000 - £30,000 per annum pro rata | Permanent full-time | Ipswich, Suffolk (remote working considered)|
At Fleximize, we've lent millions to businesses all over the UK, won a ton of awards, and helped thousands of business owners fulfil their ambitions - but we're just getting started. As we kick on into our next phase of growth, we're looking for people that want to help us in our mission to make life better for business owners, with flexible funding and so much more.
We understand that finance is just one part of running a successful business, which is why we've created a range of initiatives to support our business community as a whole, such as our Knowledge Hub and Member Marketplace.
The Knowledge Hub is an ever-growing collection of over 950 expertly written business guides and articles, covering everything from tax law to managing employee mental health. As the content manager at Fleximize, you will play a key role in delivering the 'more than finance' components of our mission to our business community.
We're looking for a dynamic content manager to act as the editor of Fleximize, defining and driving editorial standards and excellence across all content. You will work as part of the in-house marketing team, managing a busy workload and delivering Fleximize's content and SEO strategy. You will work with the CMO and Fleximize's SEO agency to continue evolving the long-term content strategy and design, and independently oversee the content plan.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for sourcing, producing, and publishing content on fleximize.com. This will include evergreen articles, timely content for features, and landing page content optimised for search engines and user engagement. You will also be responsible for sourcing and managing all guest contributions to the Knowledge Hub and working to secure external editorial articles on relevant websites.
With an almost obsessive attention to detail, you will employ a razor-sharp eye over all parts of the site, ensuring all content is engaging, accurate, and grammatically correct. Phenomenal communication skills will enable you to act as a voice for the brand and community, as you develop and hone new techniques in your mission to grow and engage the brand's presence among the small business community.
- Deliver a content plan that is engaging, informative, and useful to our small business owner segments.
- Source/produce and publish onsite content to support our content strategy, from informational to acquisition-led content.
- Secure external content features to drive brand engagement and support our SEO strategy.
- Manage and action all content-related updates that Fleximize's SEO agency provides promptly.
- Understand our product offering for small business owners, ensuring we communicate our products based on customer insight across our website.
- Be proactive in ensuring our content is up to date and in line with our business priorities, suggesting recommendations to improve where necessary.
- Understand content metrics and evaluate and iterate based on results.
- Work with stakeholders to reduce duplication of content across the business, encouraging alignment and collaboration.
- Manage agency, writers, and freelance journalists.
What we're looking for
Ideally, you'll have;
- 2+ years professional editorial experience (web-based experience preferred).
- A demonstrable record of success (portfolio of content required).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outstanding written skills (plain English).
- The ability to motivate yourself, be ambitious and forward-thinking, and able to excel working autonomously.
- Sharp project management skills.
- Strong creative and analytical skills.
- Experience publishing to CRMs and using tech solutions to manage and measure content.
- Understanding of the principles of SEO and how to apply them to content.
- Experience delivering digital content plans.
Bonus points for;
- A keen interest in FinTech/AltFi.
- Experience writing for a small business audience.
- Experience devising content strategies for a company with a business audience.
- Experience in the management of agencies and writers.
- Proficiency using image-editing software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop).
In return you'll get:
There are plenty of reasons to join us at Flex HQ. From our modern waterfront office (with a kitchen stocked full of breakfast and fresh fruit), to our employee perks, including private medical insurance, employee benefit scheme, and much more. We're a close-knit family at Fleximize, and with our regular team socials, parties and more, we're looking forward to welcoming you into the family. You can expect:
- A competitive salary - we’re committed to equal pay and professional development, so we review salaries annually. We also offer a company-wide pension scheme.
- Generous Holiday Entitlement - we offer an extended holiday entitlement, with an option to buy and sell annual leave days, just in case.
- Professional Development - career advancement is as important to us as it is to you. We offer training courses and qualifications to help you further your skills and knowledge. We also allow you to take time to attend webinars and seminars to help you do your job better.
- Healthcare Benefits - all team members get private healthcare as standard, and this can even be extended to cover your family. We also offer a generous sick pay scheme and company death-in-service insurance.
- Perks & Discounts - everyone gets access to exclusive discount codes and offers on thousands of high-street and online stores.
- Free breakfast every day (when working from the office!) - our kitchen is filled with fresh fruit, cereals, and other goodies to start your day off right.
- Team Socials - regular team outings, whether it’s an escape room, theme park, football match, or evening at the local table tennis bar. We also have annual summer parties, with a BBQ, drinks, games, and more.
Ready to apply?
To apply, please email a CV and content portfolio* to [email protected]. Still need convincing? Click the button below to find out more about life at Flex HQ.
*Any application submitted without a portfolio will not be considered.